To be the leading provider of quality products for the shooting and hunting enthusiast.
To leverage our employees' capabilities and experience to design, produce, and market high quality, innovative firearms that meet the needs and desires of our consumer and professional customers while delivering a healthy financial performance.
Benefits include competitive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage for employee and qualifying dependents as well as 401(k) with company match, onsite fitness center, Profit Sharing plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, product discounts, and generous paid time off.
This position is responsible for implementing Smith & Wesson's channel marketing strategy. The successful candidate will manage our existing Channel Marketing programs. The individual will work closely the sales team help identify potential opportunities.
Education and Experience:
- BS in Marketing or Management required, MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 2-3 years' experience in sales and/or marketing -- preference within sporting or hard goods industry.
Competencies and Skills:
- Good command of the English language in both verbal and written skills
- Exceptional skills in MS Office Suite -- Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point.
- Self-starting team player with a keen eye for the details -- consistency of reporting and financial accuracy; strong financial accountability.
- Proven success in developing and managing targeted sales & marketing programs / activities.
- Exhibit a sense of urgency and independent initiative toward accomplishing objectives.
- Thrive in a fast-paced and evolving environment; high energy and strong customer focus.
- Self-starter with a high level of motivation; the ability to multitask in a fast paced, potentially high stress environment.
- High level of organizational skills, follow-through & strong attention to detail.
- Superior communications skills with the ability to work toward specific goals while under minimal supervision.
- Quick learner and have or develop an accomplished degree of product knowledge as related to Smith & Wesson and related brands.
- Must be comfortable around firearms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and leverage "best practices" in development, execution and assessment of all CM activities.
- Implement multi-faceted programs and promotions, aligned with key sales, marketing and brand initiatives.
- Develop and maintain a 1mm CM budget that supports pre-defined strategies and goals.
- Deliver retail marketing programs that assist the organization to get brand and product awareness, shelf space and retail staff advocates.
- Work with internal and external customers to deliver sales support resources in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Collect and analyze data about consumer purchasing behavior.
- Collect and analyze sales promotion metrics.
- Monitor and report regularly on competitive promotional activity within all channels to affect developing or currently running programs.
- Lead and develop content that DSM, Industry Professionals can use to understand the features and benefits of our products. Illustrative examples would include Brand Live, Vimeo etc.
- Attend and support trade shows where marketing, resellers and recruitment occurs
- Perform other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
NOTE: This list presents only the principal duties of the position and is not intended to be comprehensive. The duties and responsibilities listed above may be changed or supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
- Works in an office environment.
- Able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time.
- Able to lift and move up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- 20% of position involves travel.
NOTE: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment and Personal Protective Equipment:
Within any of our facilities, employees may be exposed to manufacturing noise, airborne liquid chemicals, fine particulate dust, ambient temperatures, and industrial lighting. Work environment is similar to most manufacturing and distribution operations. May be exposed to excessive noise, temperatures, hazards associated with working around moving machinery, work in confined quarters, exposure to vibrations and shop lighting, continuous exposure to hot temperatures, may be humid, odors, dust, continuous exposure to mechanical hazards, and occasional exposure to chemical hazards.
The following Personal Protective Equipment is required:
- Safety glasses with side shields and hearing protection required when on manufacturing floor
The use of additional personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required when a job task(s) is being completed in or around your assigned department or in another department, this includes safety eyewear, hearing protection, and safety footwear.
Smith & Wesson (and its affiliates) is an equal opportunity employer and considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, veteran status, military service, application for military service, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable state or local law. Candidates must possess proper authorization to work in the United States and, where applicable, to possess technical data as defined in the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) 22 CFR 120.10.
Link to apply: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1055241&d=External&r=5000530865006&_fromPublish=true#/