Reports to: Chief Revenue Officer
Date: October 2020
The Managing Director of Marketing is responsible for providing executive leadership and management of RMEF’s marketing group. Responsibilities encompass all marketing activities organization wide, including: corporate sales, digital media, creative and graphic design, merchandise programs, communications, publications and national event marketing. The Managing Director of Marketing will drive RMEF’s efforts to position the organization as a leader in relevant markets to achieve brand awareness and support organizational revenue goals. The Director will provide direction and strategy on developing necessary materials to increase RMEF’s organizational identity and brand recognition with staff, members, donors, volunteers, corporate partners and the general public. The Director oversees organizational marketing and communication through various traditional and new media channels. Integrated marketing strategies must integrate with all organizational operations including sales, merchandise, fundraising, chapter activities, advertising, national marketing events and mission programs.
- Represent the organization as a leader in communications, marketing and branding.
- Develop and implement a cohesive marketing strategy to increase brand awareness, fundraising and mission success.
- Set current and long-term goals for Merchandise, Sales, Creative, Communication, Marketing and National Event departments. Provide leadership and direction for these area
- Design and oversee the Marketing department’s budget. Ensure directors/managers in the department are responsible for meeting budget goals
- Build and maintain relevant relationships with media, corporations and stakeholders for the benefit of RMEF, fundraising and mission
- Ensure integrated approach to all RMEF marketing and messaging activities. Identify and implement appropriate program goals for RMEF
- Lead all RMEF marketing, communication and outreach strategies. Prioritize marketing projects and allocate resources accordingly
- Conduct market analysis to identify challenges and opportunities for growth
- Provide leadership for programs within the department, communicating business and strategic plans; guiding department programs to best achieve strategic goals and support organizational priorities; and developing an effective team within the department to implement these programs.
- Provide regular updates on marketing metrics for supervisor
- Represent the RMEF as a speaker, participant, representative or partner at various local, state, regional, national and international public and private functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Supervision of Others:
Supervises staff in the Marketing Group.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Marketing, Business Administration or related field is required. A minimum of eight years of experience working in a senior-level leadership position with direct experience overseeing fundraising programs, communications and/or marketing mediums is required. The successful candidate must have experience working with the conservation community and hunting industry and have a well-established network of high-level contacts in both. Extensive public relations experience in dealing with a diverse group of individuals from a variety of backgrounds is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge and support of the RMEF’s mission, goals, organizational structure and activities, including biological, social and political elements that shape them, and the ability to promote them.
- Knowledge and comprehension of fund raising techniques, including event-based fundraising and traditional development methods of cultivating donors for major gifts. Thorough knowledge of the RMEF’s Big Game Banquet program and the roles of staff and volunteers in carrying out the RMEF fund raising methods through events.
- Must have or be able to create and maintain a high-level network of business and personal contacts in corporations. This will require strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work constructively with a wide variety of individuals and corporations.
- Must have or acquire comprehensive and effective business and marketing strategies and activities of corporations to create innovative and attractive proposals designed to promote the conservation commitment of corporate donors and corporate business partners. Must possess a thorough understanding of the many legalities involved in contract preparation and contract enforcement. Must be able to write effective and enforceable legal contracts.
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment and strive to cooperatively accomplish a task.
- Demonstrate professional appearance and attitude.
- Ability to perceive and establish long term goals, to develop and implement programs that are cohesive, progressive and that are mission oriented.
- Demonstrate fiscal responsibility.
- Ability to work independently without frequent, direct supervision and to remain focused on goals and objectives while adapting to changing priorities.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to create documents and presentations, and the ability to communicate to a variety of audiences. Must have the ability to conduct presentations effectively and professionally.
- Demonstrated excellence in leadership, supervision, organizational management and program management is required.
Must be able and willing to travel including on weekends. Must be able to work more than 40 hours per week when necessary.
The employee must sit or stand for long periods of time; use a computer terminal and telephone; reach forward and to the side; bend from both standing and sitting position; and lift items weighing various ponds; including some heavy lifting. Frequent travel by automobile or airplane will be required. Some ATV and/or horseback travel may be required.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of the job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities, or requirements.