The Department of Natural Resources is committed to providing Michigan residents the opportunity to share input and ideas on policy decisions, programs and other aspects of natural resource management and outdoor recreation opportunities.
One important avenue for this input is at meetings of the public bodies that advise the DNR and, in some cases, also set policies for natural resource management. Frequently check the DNR boards, commissions, committees and councils webpage for updates.
The links below will take you to the webpage for each group, where you'll find meeting details such as location and agenda (when finalized). Please check these pages frequently, as meeting details may change and sometimes meetings are canceled.
- Accessibility Advisory Council – Tuesday, Aug. 24, 9 a.m. (Contact: Mike Holsinger, 517-284-5946).
- Belle Isle Park Advisory Committee – Thursday, Aug. 19, 6 p.m. (Contact: Barbara Graves, 517-284-6135).
- Eastern Upper Peninsula Citizens' Advisory Council – Tuesday, Aug. 10, 6 p.m. (Contact: Stacy Welling Haughey, 906-226-1331).
- Lake Huron Citizens Fishery Advisory Committee – Wednesday, Aug. 11, 10 a.m. (Contact: Randy Claramunt, 231-622-3820).
- Michigan Iron Industry Museum Advisory Board – Tuesday, Aug. 17, 3 p.m. (Contact: Barry James, 906-475-7857).
- Michigan Natural Resources Commission – Thursday, Aug. 12, 9 a.m. (Contact: Victoria Lischalk, 517-599-1067).
- Michigan Natural Resources Trust Fund Board – Wednesday, Aug. 18, 9 a.m. (Contact: Jon Mayes, 517-284-5954).
- Michigan State Parks Advisory Committee – Wednesday, Aug. 11, 2 p.m. (Contact: Barbara Graves, 517-284-6135).
- Michigan State Waterways Commission – Wednesday, Aug. 25, 9 a.m. (Contact: Michelle Wieber, 517-285-0747).
- Michigan Wildlife Council – Friday, Aug. 20, 9 a.m. (Contact: Pam Vance, 517-284-6056).
- Nonmotorized Advisory Workgroup – Thursday, Aug. 5, 10 a.m. (Contact: Annalisa Centofanti, 517-331-6219).
- Off-Road Vehicle Advisory Workgroup – Wednesday, Aug. 18, 5 p.m. (Contact: Jessica Holley, 517-331-3790).
- Timber and Forest Products Advisory Council – Friday, Aug. 20, 10 a.m. (Contact: Kimberley Korbecki, 517-284-5876).
- Wolf Management Advisory Council – Wednesday, Aug. 4, 8:30 a.m. (Contact: Victoria Lischalk, 517-599-1067).