Responsible for planning, directing and coordinating the marketing of Weatherby products, services and programs, personally or through subordinates.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in development and implementation of the Brand strategy.
- Assist in developing the marketing strategy for new and existing products
- Overseeing implementation of the Marketing strategy - including campaigns, events, and digital marketing.
- Collaboration among Departments. Director of Warranty & Merchandise, Customer Service Manager, Customer Experience Manager, Production Manager, and Creative Director.
- Collaborate with agencies and other vendor partners.
- Oversee freelance and contract personnel.
- Working closely with the Sales team; enabling them to meet their commercial objectives by providing them with appropriate tools, materials and presentations
- Guiding the day to day activities of the marketing team.
- Ensuring that the marketing objectives are implemented by the marketing team.
- Oversee social media presence and direct programs to improve social media reputation and recognition.
- Assist in developing and delivering marketing and communications strategies.
- Undertake continuous analysis of competitive environment and consumer trends.
- Research, analyze, and monitor financial, technological and demographic factors to capitalize on market opportunities and minimize the effect of competitive activity
- Plan and oversee Weatherby Corporate Partner Relationship Development and Optimization
- Communicate with outside advertising agencies on ongoing campaigns and preparation of annual catalog and brochures
- Select, manage, and leverage Celebrity endorsements
- Generate Corporate contracts and monitor fulfillment
- Prepare marketing activity reports
- Plan and produce Events
- Manage and prepare for tradeshows
- Monitor and adhere to Marketing Master Budgets
- Responsible for photo and/or video shoot organization and production
- Responsible for promotional content directly related to company's programs and corporate partnerships
- Develop and recommend pricing strategy which will result in the greatest share of the market over the long run.
- Evaluate market reactions to advertising programs, merchandising policy, and product packaging and formulation to ensure the timely adjustment of marketing strategy and plans to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Recommend changes in basic structure and organization of marketing group to ensure the effective fulfillment of objectives assigned to it and provide the flexibility to move swiftly in relation to marketing problems and opportunities
- Assist corporate attorney with legal aspects as it relates to company product owner's manuals.
- Responsible for Weatherby website, including creative development, proofing and revising
- Directly supervise employee(s) in the Marketing Department. Marketing Specialist, Marketing Coordinator, and Digital Properties Manager.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Weatherby policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding & disciplining employees; addressing complaints & resolving problems.
- This position manages employees and is responsible for the performance, management and hiring of those employees.
- Every Weatherby supervisor is required to provide a safe and effective working environment and to support the well-being of each employee through awareness, education and appropriate training of drug and alcohol issues.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or two years experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five years of experience in the hunting, firearms and/or outdoor Industry.
- Travel is required
- Communication Proficiency
- Excellent English language written and oral communication skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups or managers, clients, customers and the general public
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts, such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra & geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Other skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Internet navigation skills, e-mail program skills, and a good understanding of database programs required.
ACCOUNTABILITIES and MEASURES
- Meet objective goals assigned by the Vice President of Marketing during quarterly performance coaching.
- Achieve satisfactory profit/loss ratio and share of market performance in relation to pre-set standards and to general and specific trends within the industry and economy.
- Ensure effective control of marketing results and that corrective action takes place as needed to be certain that the achievement of marketing objectives are within designated budgets
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to acknowledge:
- Working expectations: This is largely a sedentary role, however while performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Weight requirement: The employee must frequently lift and/or move 25 pounds. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is largely a sedentary role, however while performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This job operates in a clerical office setting, routinely uses standard office equipment including computers, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.