We are currently recruiting for a Quality Manager to join the Benchmade Knife Company team. As the Quality Manager, you will be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining all quality systems for Benchmade, while ensuring compliance to all applicable quality requirements.
We are looking for a person with the ability to provide leadership and management for the quality function and sustain the quality philosophy through lean techniques. Other responsibilities will include: establishing, maintaining, and optimizing an effective quality management system through the implementation of a quality roadmap to achieve the levels of quality established through strategic planning, organizational goals, customer expectations, and market competition. Having the ability to lead and promote effective problem solving and corrective action activities for the facility is essential.
· Facilitate non-conforming corrective actions through desired 8 step practical problem solving techniques and the prevention of future quality problems through preventative action measures by driving the need for statistical process control, process capability, standard work, change control, tool audits, process checks, and supplier quality measures.
· Plays a key role in strategic business planning for Benchmade by identifying the three year plan for the quality management system. Works with leadership team to ensure that individuals performing functions affecting quality are trained and demonstrate the appropriate skills and performance results.
· Leads the initiative with manufacturing and engineering to define process variables and the necessary control to ensure minimal process variation. Implements the use of statistical process control charts to monitor process variation and eliminate scrap.
· Communicates customer and organizational requirements to assure product quality and customer satisfaction and manages the closed loop corrective action process to resolve any issues.
· Oversees the effective documentation and implementation of the Quality Management System to assure compliance with customer and organizational standards.
· Coordinates necessary personnel for any associated quality system audits.
· Implements the performance measurements necessary to effectively evaluate organizational performance and trends in product quality, services, customer satisfaction and the total cost of quality.
· Collaborates with Supply Chain Team on the development and implementation of a supplier management strategy. Assess supplier capabilities and monitor supplier quality to ensure desired levels of performance.
· Collaborates with R&D on new product development and design review for quality/reliability and process capability.
· Works collaboratively with other members of the management team in the identification and development of people, products, and services, markets, and/or systems improvements.
· Creates a strong team environment that fosters the company culture and strives for continual improvement.
· Coach and develop staff by providing an environment that encourages consistent reliable day to day performance as well as opportunities for ongoing personal and professional development. Manage and ensure the setting and completion of high performance goals for staff and routinely provide feedback throughout the year to ensure the commitment is met. Ensure staff receives appropriate knowledge and skill development and growth opportunities aligned to business needs.
· Provide direction, mentorship, training guidance and day-to-day management of the site quality team (Quality Engineers, Quality Techs, Inspection personnel, etc.
· Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent, MBA is a plus. CQE/CQM preferred.
· 7-10 years of Quality, Engineering, and Lean Manufacturing experience.
· Expert knowledge with quality improvement tools (i.e. SPC, DOE, A3, etc). Certification as Six Sigma Greenbelt or higher required.
· Thorough knowledge of ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems and ISO 9001 Internal Audit Certification.
· Superior communications and interpersonal skills.
· Proven ability to manage, motivate, and be an inspirational leader in a team based manufacturing environment.
· Broad experience with manufacturing processes and controls, including advanced knowledge of integrated (MRP) systems.
· Strong computer skills, including basic knowledge of computer-based manufacturing applications.
Benchmade offer our employees a wide variety of comprehensive rewards and benefits including:
· Competitive pay
· Cash profit sharing and performance incentives
· Medical including Prescriptions and Vision
· Dental including Orthodontia
· Short-Term and Long-term Disability
· Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment
· 401K with company match
· Fitness Center Reimbursement
· Pay for time off, including holiday, bonus holidays, vacation, sick, bereavement and jury duty
· Employee Assistance Program
· Flexible Spending Account
· Outstanding employee discounts on Benchmade products and other partner companies
· Tuition reimbursement
· Targeted development planning and learning opportunities
· Employee and family events throughout the year
· Most importantly, Benchmade provides a fun, family oriented and entrepreneurial work environment
This is an exciting time to be part of a company on the verge of even greater success. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a company that strives to create a working environment that stimulates team spirit, passion, engagement and achievement, fill out and application today by visiting our website www.benchmade.com, click on Company then Employment and complete our application process online.
Benchmade Knife Company values diversity in its work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act
Benchmade Knife Company is a world leader in the design, manufacture, and sales of hand-held specialty folding and fixed blade cutlery for the outdoor sports, military, police, and collector markets. We are committed to innovation, performance, and the highest standards of quality. Every day, around the globe, sportsmen and professionals alike rely on Benchmade products to get the job done. Our state of the art manufacturing operations and headquarters is located in Oregon City, approximately 30 minutes from downtown Portland, OR.
Public Relations & Comm. Manager
P 1.800.800.7427 x.125
BENCHMADE KNIFE CO, INC
300 BEAVERCREEK RD
OREGON CITY, OR 97045