Kroll International, a leading wholesaler of law enforcement, military tactical, public safety, and shooting sports equipment seeks an experienced Director of Sales and New Business Development to add to their dynamic team in Southeast Michigan. PLEASE NOTE: THIS JOB IS LOCATED ON-SITE IN SHELBY TOWNSHIP, MICHIGAN – TELECOMMUTING IS NOT AN OPTION. THANK YOU.
The Director of Sales & Business Development is a key, growth-oriented role at Kroll International. The main objectives of this position include: obtain and cultivate new customers; identify and manage new product lines to foster organizational growth; manage existing product lines' life cycle for maximum performance; promote successful relationships throughout the entire supply chain; and manage and develop the internal sales team to reach organizational goals.
· Identify new product lines and lead launch team
· Lead , manage, and coach sales team personnel; from daily activities through goal achievement
· Run and review weekly sales analytical reports
· Create opening POs for new products and new product lines
· Identify and pursue new customers
· Lead customer retention programs and processes
· Calculate and follow-up on ROI for major sales initiatives, including trade shows, call-out campaigns, spiffs, etc.
· Review, recommend, and attend trade shows and other industry events as needed
· Manage new dealer acquisition and new vendor acquisition processes
· Approve customer credits, returns, terms, etc.
· Create and facilitate departmental goals
· Negotiate margin, co-op, and terms with suppliers
· Identify industry trends
· Forecast annual sales performance by manufacturer
· Handle escalated customer issues
· Maintain firearms regulations and ensure ATF compliance
· Collaborate with marketing on promotions, programs, and sales lead generation
· Facilitate weekly sales meetings and ensure action follow-up
· Actively participate in manufacturer relations activities
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following skills/qualifications:
· Proven track record of increasing company sales in a sales leadership role
· Understanding of wholesale sales model; retailer experience preferred
· Strong analytical skills, including ability to analyze sales trends, margin, and inventory
· Strategic planning and strong negotiation skills
· Ability to coach/mentor sales personnel in growing territories, data mining, and servicing customers
· Understanding of marketing concepts and willingness to collaborate with Marketing Department
· Familiarity with e-commerce purchasing behavior; experience with e-tailers ideal
· Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
· Basic financial concepts as it relates to sales, margin, revenue, and accounts receivables
· Gun industry and firearms knowledge required
· Knife industry and/or apparel industry knowledge preferred
· Moderate technology skills, including intermediate excel skills
· Solid interpersonal skills required
· Prior Sales Management experience required
· Bachelor's degree or post-secondary education preferred
The ideal candidate for this position will also possess the following traits:
· Problem solver; trouble-shooter
Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on Kroll International, please visit www.krollcorp.com.