ONTARIO, California - Safariland® announced Tuesday the introduction of a new Cordura® nylon wrap finish on some of its most popular holster models. Offered in a variety of colors and prints, the development of this new finish combines genuine SafariLaminate™ thermal-molded construction with a rugged Cordura® nylon covering. In addition to providing a low signature to infrared lighting, this new development allows for textured patterns not previously available on precisely fit, molded holsters to be incorporated into the design.
"I consider this similar to taking a great product and adding even more features to it; features that cannot normally be found on hard-shell type holsters," said James Dawson, Category Director for the Safariland brand. "It's basically the proven SafariLaminate wraparound construction with a twist. Now, we can feature any pattern that is available in Cordura fabric on our holsters, and we're beginning with the most traditional color offerings".
Among the holsters offered are the:
• 6004USN - Our most popular Tactical Holster rig featuring the time-tested Self Locking System (SLS) rotating hood which allows for a smoother single-motion draw, derived from the popular standard 6004.
• 6354DO - This Tactical Holster rig features the Automatic Locking System (ALS®) which automatically secures the weapon upon holstering and is made to fit weapon-specific semi-autos with a red dot optic installed on the slide.
• 6378USN - A popular open-top concealment hip holster that also features the Automatic Locking System (ALS) which automatically secures the weapon upon holstering. It includes both an injection-molded paddle and belt loop for versatile wear.
The SafariLaminate™ wraparound construction provides the basis for the holster's shape and strength. The rugged Cordura® nylon allows for an abrasion-resistant outer finish. The molded sight track and soft suede lining helps protect the gun's sights and finish.
Customizable features for this series of holsters include:
1. The inclusion of the Safariland 3-hole pattern for mounting the holster to the leg shroud.
2. The optional Quick Locking System (QLS) Locking Fork, which allows the user to mount the holster in various configurations including thigh rigs, MOLLE vests, or any other location with the accompanying QLS Receiver Plate and provides a rapid transition between mounting points.
These holsters are offered in select fits for semi-automatic pistols and are available now. Cordura® nylon finishes currently offered are MultiCam®, Ranger Green, Coyote and Khaki with others to follow.
6004USN $205.00 - $220.00
6354DO $176.75 - $191.75
6378USN $110.00 - $125.00
Established in 1964, Safariland® has earned worldwide renown and a leadership position in the industry for its technologically advanced holsters and other gear to the law enforcement, military, concealment and competitive sporting markets. Safariland holsters, belts and accessories provide users with high-quality tools to perform their jobs safely and effectively. Safariland is credited for developing the first Level III retention holster for the uniformed duty market. With a reputation for INNOVATION NOT IMITATION®, the Safariland brand continues its position as the worldwide leader in retention holsters. Safariland is a part of The Safariland Group family of brands. For more information, visit www.safariland.com/dutygear.
About The Safariland Group
The Safariland Group is a premier global provider of trusted, innovative, high-quality law enforcement and security products for the public safety, military and outdoor/personal protection markets. Offering many of the world's most recognizable names in these markets, principal brands include ABA®, Second Chance®, Safariland®, Bianchi® and Break Free®. Forensics brands include Identicator® and NIK®. The Safariland Group's mission, Together, We Save Lives, is inherent in the life-saving products it delivers. The Safariland Group is a privately held company with headquarters in Jacksonville, FL. For more information about The Safariland Group and its brands, please visit www.safariland.com.
The Safariland Group is a trade name of Safariland, LLC.