Enjoy music, barbeque, and many hands-on activities at Enders Reservoir State Recreation Area on Saturday, June 25.
The daylong event will be held near Area A Campground off Highway 61. All activities, craft and food vendors will be within walking distance of each other. All the events and activities are free.
Campground area A will be closed to the public June 23 through 26, but there is plenty of camping sites available at Enders for those wishing to camp.
The lineup for the day includes:
- A 5K run starts at 8 a.m. with registration at 7 a.m. Mountain Time.
- Hands-on activities will begin at 9 a.m., including kayaking, blacksmithing, the Crime Stoppers trailer, outdoor activity trailer and games, craft show, bouncy house and more.
- The horseshoe tournament starts at 1 p.m. along with a watermelon feed.
- At 3 p.m. there will be outdoor games including corn hole and ladder golf along with water fights.
- Working truck, tractor and car show will be from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. To enter these shows, register at 8 a.m. June 25 or call the parks at 308-394-5118.
- Compete in the Enders Smoke-off and test your barbeque skills. Awards will be given at 5:30 p.m. and food from the smoke-off will be served at 6 p.m.
- Enjoy live country/rock music starting at 7 p.m. until 10 p.m. with BD and the Boys.
- Live demonstrations will go on throughout the day, starting with how to start a campfire at 10 a.m., Dutch oven cooking at 11 a.m. followed by a canning demonstration at 2 p.m.
Come and go as you please for the day or come for the weekend and camp.
A park entry permit is required and will be available at the park or at OutdoorNebraska.org.
For more information about the Extravaganza call the Enders SRA office or visit the Game and Parks event calendar at calendar.outdoornebraska.gov.