Columbia, MO – MidwayUSA Foundation is our country’s leading advocate for youth shooting sports and the public charity’s 2022 impact set records across multiple categories. Supporting nearly 2,800 youth shooting teams and almost 80 youth shooting sports organizations, including SCTP, SASP, ATA, USA Shooting, and USAYESS, through earmarked endowment accounts, the 501(c)(3) nonprofit generated nearly $3.4 million in match-eligible donations throughout the year.
MidwayUSA Foundation Executive Director, G. Scott Reynolds, spoke about the collaboration that must happen to create this success. “While there is no replacement for the hard work of our Foundation staff, it’s clear we would accomplish only a fraction of our goals without the generous support of our industry-leading sponsors, our charitable donors, and the time and effort of the thousands of coaches, families, and volunteers working to fund their endowment and make a difference in the lives of our youth.”
2022 Highlights include:
- Received nearly $3.4 million in donations to youth shooting programs
- Over $8.7 million in cash grants paid to youth shooting teams and organizations to assist with expenses
- Record-breaking Giving Tuesday, adding $475,749 to endowments
- Continued passionate sponsorship support from industry-leading companies
- Multiple Foundation-sponsored fundraising events held throughout the country
- Introduced monthly auctions to benefit endowments, made possible by Foundation sponsors
- $1 million awarded to support range development and coach training
- Became official partner of NSSF’s +ONE Movement
- Hosted the first cross-industry National Youth Shooting Sports Conference
Donations to an endowment grow a program’s annual cash grant. However, expenses still far outweigh the funds provided through a MidwayUSA Foundation grant, which is what makes industry support so important. Sponsors can provide cash and/or products to supplement the endowment funding. Many of the products currently donated by industry leaders are used in MidwayUSA Foundation’s product grant program. Teams and organizations receive items at no cost and conduct community fundraisers. Some proceeds are donated to grow their endowment, which the Foundation matches, and additional funds are kept local to assist with immediate expenses. This unique program would not be possible without sponsors, and participating companies receive brand exposure.
All 2023 donations to team endowments will receive a 1:1 match. In addition, 100% of any tax-deductible donation will directly benefit the team of the donor’s choice. This is all possible through the personal donations of Larry and Brenda Potterfield, proving their passion to support the growth and long-term funding of youth shooting sports.
The MidwayUSA Foundation is a 501(c)(3) public charity working to sustain and grow youth shooting sports by providing long-term funding to youth shooting teams. Every donation made is tax-deductible and allows the Foundation to assist in expanding and enhancing the leadership skills, confidence, and discipline of today's youth through shooting sports activities. The Foundation supports all shooting disciplines. For more information about how the MidwayUSA Foundation is changing the future of youth shooting sports, please visit midwayusafoundation.org or call 1-877-375-4570.