The Iowa Department of Natural Resources (DNR) town hall-style meetings on recently completed hunting and trapping seasons, and possible changes to hunting and trapping rules and regulations, start Feb. 19.
The meetings are open to the public.
Comments collected from these public meetings will be considered along with other related comments received by the Iowa DNR prior to proposing changes to hunting and trapping rules and regulations. Proposed rules will be presented to the Natural Resource Commission during a regular public meeting for consideration and additional public comment.
Meeting date, time and location
- Sioux City, Feb. 19, 7 p.m., Dorothy Pecaut Nature Center, 4500 Sioux River Road
- Chariton, Feb. 20, 7 p.m., Pin Oak Lodge, 45996 Hwy. 14
- Council Bluffs Feb. 25, 7 p.m., Fish and Game Club, 531 Commanche Street
- Okoboji, Feb. 25, 6:30 p.m., Dickinson County Nature Center, 22785 Nature Center Road
- Burlington, Feb. 26, 7 p.m., Starr's Cave Nature Center, 11627 Starr's Cave Road
- Iowa City, Feb. 26, 7 p.m., Johnson County ISU extension building, 3109 Old Highway 218 South (search “Johnson County Fairgrounds”)
- Algona, Feb. 27, 7 p.m., Water’s Edge Nature Center, 1010 250th Street
- Bloomfield, Feb. 27, 7 p.m., Pioneer Ridge Nature Center, 1339 Hwy. 63
- Creston, Feb. 27, 7 p.m., Multi-Purpose Room adjacent to the YMCA, Southwestern Community College, 1201 West Townline Street
- Decorah, Feb. 27, 7 p.m., Decorah City Hall, 400 Clairborne Drive
- Dubuque, Feb. 27, 7 p.m., Swiss Valley Nature Center, 13606 Swiss Valley Road, Peosta
- Jefferson, Feb. 27, 7 p.m., The Jefferson Depot, 509 East Lincoln Way
- Ventura, Feb. 27, 7 p.m., Clear Lake Wildlife Unit headquarters, 15326 Balsam Ave.
- Waverly, Feb. 27, 7 p.m., Waverly Public Library, 1500 W Bremer Ave.
- Des Moines, March 3, 7 p.m., Izaak Walton League, 4343 George Flagg Parkway
- DeWitt, March 5, 7 p.m., DeWitt Community Center, 512 10th Street
- Sac City, March 5, 7 p.m., Sac County Conservation Center at Hagge Park, 2970
- 280th Street
- Toledo, March 5, 7 p.m., Tama CCB Nature Center at Otter Creek Lake Park, 2283 Park Road
Any person attending the public meeting that has special requirements, such as those related to mobility or hearing impairments, should contact the Iowa DNR or ADA Coordinator at 515-725-8200, Relay Iowa TTY Service 800-735-7942, or Webmaster@dnr.iowa.gov, and advise of specific needs.