SAN ANTONIO, TX - The Association of Collegiate Anglers (ACA) is pleased to announce the five (5) new college team members that have been selected to the join the existing Garmin College Team for the 2019 college fishing season. The five (5) anglers were selected from dozens of applications from anglers across the nation looking for a chance to be a part of the Garmin College Fishing Team.
"We are pleased to add these five anglers to the Garmin collegiate roster," said Dave Dunn, Garmin director of marine sales. "These guys are the future of our sport, and it's only fitting that the best anglers have the best marine electronics. We wish the team good luck and tight lines as they compete this year."
The new 2019 Garmin College Fishing Team anglers include:
- Austin Ocwieja - University of Buffalo, The State University of New York
- Garrett Brown - Oklahoma State University
- Harbor Lovin - Murray State University
- Cody Barchenger - Stephen F. Austin University
- Hunter Green - Arkansas State University
They will be joined by the returning Garmin College Fishing Team anglers:
- Cole Sands - Bryan College
- Zach Clisch - University of Wisconsin-Platteville
- Ethan Raleigh - Morehead State University
- Andrew Marquez - Morehead State University
- Luke Miller - University of Louisville
"The Garmin College Fishing Team is a great opportunity for anglers to get a chance to use the newest technology on the water while gaining first-hand experience what the working directly with major companies is like," said Wade Middleton, Director of the ACA and President of CarecoTV. "Understanding how to promote a brand is a difficult skill that Garmin is taking the time to teach to these collegiate anglers while allowing them usage of the best mapping and sonar capabilities available."
To continue reading, click here.