Federal Adds 40 S&W, 45 Auto Premium Hydra-Shok Deep Loads
ANOKA, Minnesota – – Federal unveils two new Federal Premium Hydra-Shok Deep loads that better meet modern handgun performance measurements. Shipments have been delivered to dealers.
In 2018, Federal reinvented the proven Hydra-Shok bullet design with Hydra-Shok Deep in 9mm Luger. Now, it has expanded the line with new loads in 40 S&W and 45 Auto. The bullets feature a more robust center post and a core design that penetrates to critical depths through common self-defense barriers, without over-penetrating.
Features & Benefits
- Now available in 40 S&W and 45 Auto
- Penetrates 15 inches in bare ballistics gel and through heavy clothing — the optimal depth according to FBI standards
- Improved penetration to optimal depths
- Significant improvement in FBI protocol score
- Iconic center post design has been improved for better, more consistent expansion through standard barriers
- Consistent, specially formulated propellant
- Extremely reliable Federal primer
Part No. / Description / MSRP
P9HSD1 / 9mm Luger 135-grain Hydra-Shok Deep HP / $27.95
P40HSD1 / 40 S&W 165-grain Hydra-Shok Deep HP / $31.95 NEW
P45HSD1 / 45 Auto 210-grain Hydra-Shok Deep HP / $33.95 NEW
For more information on Federal ammunition, visit www.federalpremium.com.
Press Release Contact: JJ Reich
Senior Communications Manager - Ammunition