The International Game Fish Association is seeking an experienced, dynamic financial expert to manage all aspects of the association’s finance, human resources and information technology functions. Candidates with a proven passion for recreational angling are strongly preferred.
Reporting to the IGFA President, the successful candidate will be a strategic thought-leader and hands-on manager with proven experience managing the financial affairs of a significant commercial enterprise or not-for-profit organization. The Director of Finance & Administration will partner with association leadership in strategic decision-making and day-to-day operations as the IGFA continues to modernize its operations and enhance its capabilities and capacity. The Director of Finance & Administration will lead a small team of IGFA associates.
Founded in 1939 at the American Museum of Natural History, The International Game Fish Association is a not-for-profit organization committed to the conservation of game fish and the promotion of responsible, ethical angling practices through science, education, rule making, record keeping and recognition of outstanding accomplishments in the field of angling. Based in Dania Beach, Florida, the IGFA has a current staff of 18 professionals working in Conservation, Development, Corporate Relations and Finance & Administration. For more information, please visit www.igfa.org.
- Develop, analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the Board of Trustees; assess any changes necessary.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the IGFA President and Directors; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep IGFA leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance function’s overall policy and procedure manual.
- Effectively communicate and present critical financial matters to the IGFA President and Board of Trustees.
- Further develop the IGFA’s human resources capabilities, enhancing professional development, compensation and benefits, performance evaluation, training, and recruiting.
- Establish and manage a comprehensive training program to educate employees regarding staff tools, policies, and procedures.
- Manage compensation and benefits programs to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization scales.
- Oversee the association’s Information Technology strategy, systems and day-to-day operations.
- Manage vendor relationships to deliver required system functionality and service levels.
- Ensure Information Technology systems remain current, robust and capable of delivering integrated solutions to drive business results.
- Bachelor’s degree and Masters of Business Administration or Certified Public Accountant qualification required.
- Ten to 15 years of overall professional experience; ideally six-plus years of broad financial and operations management experience in a significant commercial enterprises and/or not-for-profit organization.
- The successful candidate will have proven experience in maintaining management accountability for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination in a commercial enterprise or not-for-profit organizations with a $5 to $10 million annual operating budget, and previous experience overseeing human resources and information technology functions.
- Ability to translate financial concepts to programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds.
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; knowledge of accounting and reporting software.
- Commitment to training programs that maximize individual and organization goals across the organization, including best practices in human resources activities.
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- A multitasker with the ability to wear multiple hats in a fast-paced environment.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of the IGFA.
Please send resume to IGFA President Nehl Horton at email@example.com
International Game Fish Association
300 Gulf Stream Way
Dania Beach, FL 33004