Tuesday, January 15, 2013
GLOCK Unveils the New 30S Pistol Model
SMYRNA, Ga. - Monday GLOCK, Inc. announced a new addition to its pistol lineup - the GLOCK 30S. The conceal-and-carry hybrid pistol features impressive stopping power consisting of a factory-made 36 slide on top of a 30SF frame. Its compact design and simple operation allow smooth drawing in a .45 caliber pistol. The 30S packs 10 rounds of .45 ACP in a package that fits the hands of most any user. The G30S is easy to use, easy to conceal and tough to contend with.
"The G30S platform has been more than a year in the making," explained Josh Dorsey, GLOCK Vice President. "Our original request from the field - particularly from law enforcement - was to have a more concealable .45 that still carries 10 rounds, so we utilized the G30 SF frame after it was thoroughly tested, presented and accepted as the desired frame for the G30S."
The full details of the new model are outlined below:
1. Length (overall) 177 mm / 6.97 inch
2. Length (slide cpl.) 172 mm / 6.77 inch
3. Width 32.5 mm / 1.28 inch
4. Height with magazine 122 mm / 4.80 inch
5. Barrel length 96 mm / 3.78 inch
6. Length of twist 400 mm / 15.75 inch
7. Trigger distance 72.5 mm / 2.85 inch
8. Trigger travel to discharge 12.5 mm / 0.49 inch
9. Length between sights (polymer) 150 mm / 5.91 inch
1. Pistol w/o magazine 575 g / 20.28 oz
2. Magazine std. empty 70 g / 2.47 oz
3. Magazine std. full (depending on ammo used) 280 g / 9.88 oz
Magazine capacity (rounds): 10
Barrel profile: right hand twist; octagonal
Standard Trigger pull: ~5.5lbs
Muzzle velocity V0**: 787 fps
Muzzle energy E0**: 317 ft lb
**depending on ammunition used
Visit GLOCK at the Shooting, Hunting, Outdoor Tradeshow ("SHOT Show"), in booth #12254, January 15-18, 2013 at the Sands Expo and Convention Center, in Las Vegas. The conference is the largest and most comprehensive trade show for all professionals involved with the shooting sports, hunting and law enforcement industries. It is the world's premier exposition of combined firearms, ammunition, law enforcement, cutlery, outdoor apparel, optics and related products and services.