Edmonton, AB, Canada - On Saturday, July 14, Wild TV hosted their third annual Grizzly Awards at Edmonton's River Cree Resort and Casino during Huntfest - Canada's largest hunting, fishing and outdoor lifestyle event. The awards are a Wild TV production meant to raise awareness of the outdoor film industry in Canada, and celebrate excellence in outdoor programming. The Grizzly Award winners are chosen, in part, by Wild TV's viewers who vote on 6 of the 11 different categories including Fan Favorite, Lifetime Achievement, and Best Production.
Wild TV is Canada's only television network consisting entirely of quality outdoor programming from Canada and around the world, and features over 200 top outdoor adventure series. A strong passion and deep appreciation of the outdoors are what make Wild TV's programming unlike any other network. The Grizzly Awards bring together some of the top outdoor television hosts and producers in the industry, allowing Wild TV viewers the opportunity to connect with some of their favourite hosts.
The 2012 Grizzly Award Winners are:
• Fan Favorite Host(s) - Keith, Kevin & Paul Beasley - Canada in the Rough
• Fan Favorite Show Overall - Canada in the Rough
• Fan Favorite Hunting Show - The Hunting Chronicles
• Fan Favorite Fishing Show - BC Outdoors Sportfishing TV
• Fan Favorite Educational Show - Angler & Hunter Television
• Fan Favorite New Show - The Canadian Guide Life
• Lifetime Achievement Award - Dave Watson
• Best Graphics - Nock On
• Best Editing - Major League Bowhunter
• Best Videography - Jim Shockey's The Professionals
• Best Kill Shot - Relentless Pursuit
"This year's Grizzly Awards have proven to be a continued success. They give Wild TV the opportunity to connect with our viewers, with our production partners, while also celebrating a common passion for outdoor entertainment." said Ryan Kohler, Wild TV's Vice President.
Congratulations to all the 2012 award winners who work so hard to create quality outdoor television. Wild TV would like to thank their dedicated viewers for all of their votes and support. For more information on Wild TV visit www.wildtv.ca
WILD TV is Canada's only fully packaged 24/7 digital specialty television channel consisting entirely of high quality outdoor programming from Canada and around the world. Founded in 2004 by the Kohler family, Wild TV has built a dedicated and loyal following among the men and women who love the outdoor lifestyle. The head office for Wild TV is located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.